Dress Shopping Core Tips
If you have been flipping through different bridal magazines to find the perfect dress, chances are high that you already have idea on what to wear on your wedding day. This part of wedding planning phase should be fun as you are going to wear different types of dresses during the scheduled fittings.
(1) Shop prior to the wedding date. There is a difference when you are shopping early than rush shopping because you don’t have enough time left. If you will walk the aisle 9 months from now, the process of dress shopping should be done in between 9 to 7 months. By checking dresses ahead, you will have plenty of time to change and alter your decisions.
(2) Keep the number of entourage down. According to bridal boutique staffs and owners, brides are always advised to only bring at least two or three people when shopping for a dress. Yes, your bridesmaids can be really supportive but they may ruin the shopping process for you because they may have interests as well. Listening to more than three opinions is already too much.
(3) Be ready during the appointments. Once the store gives you specific date and time for the fitting, it means that you need to come prepared. When you say prepared, it means that you are wearing light makeup, right shoes and undergarments. You cannot do fittings without those little things.
(4) Try different silhouettes. While is true that you have an assigned silhouette, you can try on other dresses too. Do not limit your style! The key here is to be open minded so you can easily find the dress. If you insist then it is your loss not the boutique staffs.
(5) Don’t be judgmental with the dress. Most brides are guilty of this. Before you say something bad about the dress worn by the mannequins, try to fit the dress. Who knows that the dress may look good on you?
Are you excited for the scheduled fittings of your wedding dresses in Los Angeles, CA? If yes then make sure that you have internalized the 5 tips as provided above. For more information about wedding dresses, please read blogs and articles from bridal magazine websites.